The region of Legnica Special Economic Zone is situated in south-western Poland in Lower Silesia Province. It is one of the fastest growing economic areas of Poland. Some of the unquestionable advantages of the region are:
• proximity of the borders with Germany and Czech Republic
• qualified manpower
• collaboration of science and business
• convenient transportation network
• International Wrocław–Copernicus Airport, serving 2 mln passengers each year and offering connections to major European cities
The region is also famous for its rich industrial tradition. Automotive and metalworking are the most developed industries there. The automotive industry of the region includes brands such as Volkswagen Motor Polska Sp. z o.o., Sitech Sp. z. o.o., Lear Corporation and Faurecia.
Convenient road connections:
• motorways: A4, A8 and A18
• express roads: E65 and S3
• International railroad route E30
• Convenient connection with the Szczecin – Świnoujście ports
• LSEZ is located within 500 km from six European capitals: Prague, Berlin, Bratislava, Vienna, Budapest and Warsaw.
The Zone comprises the 18 following subzones: Legnica, Legnica II, Krzywa, Legnickie Pole, Legnickie Pole II, Złotoryja, Polkowice, Lubin, Środa Śląska, Chojnów, Głogów, Przemków, Prochowice, Okmiany, Środa Śląska – Miękinia, Legnickie Pole II, Miłkowice, Kostomłoty.
The major investors in the Zone are: Volkswagen Motor Polska Sp. z o.o./Volkswagen AG (Germany), Sitech Sp. z o.o./Sitech Sitztechnik GmbH (Germany), BASF Polska Sp. z o.o, (Germany), Winkelmann Sp. z o.o. (Germany), Gates Polska Sp. z o.o. (USA/UK), Pittsburgh Glass Works Poland Sp. z o.o., TBMeca (Japan, France), CCC Group (Poland)
LSEZ has issued 136 business permits, whereas the total value of investment expenditure is 6.302 bn PLN.